Thursday, April 03, 2008

How do you organize?

So after my weekly meeting with Bruce, he asked me a bunch of questions about how I get things done. It's really an interesting question, because I'm not much on the organizational side (to say the least) and things pretty much get done with either a deadline or inspiration happen. Neither of which you can count on regularly (well some deadlines but not my self-appointed ones).

So I thought I would give this a try and float one out to any of you? How do you get things done? How do you stay organized?

Here are some brainstorming:

- write it down (keeping copious hand written notes that you check regularly)
- use iCal or Outlook (some kind of software package)
- use an online task manger type thingy (yes technical I know) like backpackit.com or rememberthemilk or ta-da list or Todoist

anyways, my current options (not doing anything on purpose or writing it down and not looking at it again) just isn't working anymore.