Tuesday, September 04, 2007

Theology thoughts...

Following Bruce's lead I'll take part in Heather's game.

This week's topic, The Commitments of Theology.

Finish these sentences. (And explain why you say what you do, if you like giving explanations!)

  • Theology exists to ________________.
  • If someone reads my theological writing and only remembers one thing afterwards, I want it to be ___________________.
  • No matter what topic we're dealing with, theologians must take into account ___________, because we ignore it at our peril.

Here are mine . . .

  • Theology exists to help us navigate the world between the finite and the infinite.
  • If someone reads my theological writing and only remembers one thing afterwards, I want it to be there are more people in the world that this matters for than them, basically it's not about me it's about God.
  • No matter what topic we're dealing with, theologians must take into account our lived experiences and their ability to shape our world, because we ignore it at our peril.