Thursday, March 20, 2008

Not to disown the DOC, but...

Some DORK actually developed a meme specifically for Presbyterian Church (USA) folks. So, because he asked so nicely, I guess I'll participate.

The rules are pretty basic

  • in about 25 words each, answer the following five questions;
  • tag five presbyterian bloggers and send them a note to let them know they were tagged;
  • be sure to link or send a trackback to this post;

presbyMEME

  1. What is your earliest memory of being distinctly Presbyterian?
    As you may have noticed by the title of my entry, I'm actually not a Presbyterian. But since deciding to attend SFTS I often feel like one. So about the time I got introduced to a new student on campus as being another presbyterian, followed by me correcting them, was about the first time I felt like I was truly on the inside.
  2. On what issue/question should the PC(USA) spend LESS energy and time?
    I think the PC(USA) should spend less energy fighting over who can do the work of building God's Kingdom. Cause seriously people, you say you believe in the priesthood of all believers, isn't it about time you start practicing it?
  3. On what issue/question should the PC(USA) spend MORE energy and time?
    IMO the PC(USA) should spend more time and energy figuring out how to give away the massive endowments of its congregations to small start up churches like this one. In case you hadn't noticed the best thing going in the SF presbytery is currently going to be homeless. But seriously I think the PC(USA) should find new ways to reinvest its capital into new movements of the Spirit.
  4. If you could have the PC(USA) focus on one passage of scripture for a entire year, what would it be?

    Philippians 1:3-11 - I thank my God every time I remember you. In all my prayers for all of you, I always pray with joy because of your partnership in the gospel from the first day until now, being confident of this, that he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus.

    It is right for me to feel this way about all of you, since I have you in my heart and, whether I am in chains or defending and confirming the gospel, all of you share in God's grace with me. God can testify how I long for all of you with the affection of Christ Jesus.

    And this is my prayer: that your love may abound more and more in knowledge and depth of insight, so that you may be able to discern what is best and may be pure and blameless for the day of Christ, filled with the fruit of righteousness that comes through Jesus Christ—to the glory and praise of God.

  5. If the PC(USA) were an animal what would it be and why?
    A sloth, hanging around trying to get to the next branch but moving so slowly you always wonder if she is going to make it.

Extra Credit: Jesus shows up at General Assembly this year, what does he say to the Presbyterian Church (USA)?
Sorry Bruce, I'm running...err standing for Moderator!

So let's see...TAG: Doug. Aric. Evans. Josh. and